Sunday, April 29, 2012

Japan Trip 2012 -- travel day.


Well, travel day was somewhat uneventful... Disney plane was in Seattle before I left, got a tad excited about that. Both flights from Seattle to LA and LA to Tokyo arrived early, so that was a plus. Had a migraine in between flights, managed to sleep it off on the way to Tokyo.... when I woke up there was a sticker on my seat.. something along the lines of "you were sleeping when we were serving food"... shoulda taken a picture.

Anyway, arrived in Tokyo without a problem, currency exchange though was a pain...only because the rate wasn't great. Ended up taking the JR Narita Express to Shinagawa station, they have a deal where you can buy round trip if your stay is less than 14 days, and they load up a suica card as well which you can use on JR and other various stations and stores.

Got to Shinagawa station.. then from there I was kinda stuck.... I hadn't acutally printed off a map of where my hotel was >.<

Went to info booth and they managed to point me in the right direction *note to self... lol.
Transfered to another line, one stop over, got off, bit of a walk to the hotel.... and managed to get there. I should mention that its 23 celcius and sunny.

After resting for a bit went out to explore the neighbourhood... lots of konbini and hole in the wall restaurants. Then back to the hotel off to bed.

Pics!  Not that many and out of order....
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10151590449285612.846976.522485611&type=1&l=1c203c259f

No comments: